Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend in the Village

Not too much happened this weekend outside of a solid amount of drinking. Both Friday and Saturday consisted of drinking at my friend Elmer's apartment in Ukrainian Village and then going out to bars afterward. As standard as that sounds, I still had a good time. On Friday night we had an interesting, albeit short, conversation with a hipster girl:

(after about 2 minutes of randomness)
HG: So I just moved here...
Us: From where?
HG: New York...Brooklyn...Williamsburg...
Elmer: But you're not from New York, are you?
HG: No...
Elmer: I bet you're from Topeka Kansas
HG: Haha fuck you..
Elmer: But really, where are you from?
HG: Missouri...

Nothing against Missouri, but the Midwest to W'burg Exodus has gotten pretty ridiculous over the last few years. Granted, if I moved to NYC, it would probably be somewhere in Brooklyn, but it's still excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment