Monday, February 9, 2009

On the Prowl



On the prowl for what? Girls? Of course not. A job. I'm starting to send out my resume via monster.com. We'll see how it goes. I don't really want to have to leave, but I think it would be best. Ideally, I'd like to stay in Chicago, but if I can get a good job in a different city and they'll pay to move, I'd be down.

The rest of my weekend wasn't too eventful. I no longer think the Gym Employee is in a long distance relationship; it's a short distance relationship, as if that changed anything. I finally asked Rachel's name who works at a clothing store. Maybe I 'll trick myself into asking her on a date next weekend. Already sounds like a bad idea.

Do girls ever become more interested when someone they were initially unattracted to asks them on a date? This has never been the situation for me for as long as I can remember. Jane said that there needs to be a good spark between two people in order to get a relationship going. When told this, I thought two things:
1) We won't be dating any time in my life
2) In my 24 years of existence, I've had that once. And it was for about 30 hours. And if it had been any longer, she would have gotten bored with me.

So I guess Jane's advice has a positive and negative side. Sometimes I think I just need to meet more girls, and one of them will be great. The other times (about 90%) I think that I've met a lot of girls so far and have gotten nothing. Maybe it is me.

And that's when I don't know if I should change something about myself or just keep doing the same things. Lately, I've taken so much time to think about it that I avoid approaching girls altogether. I noticed earlier today that it's been about 3 months or so that I've asked anyone out. Think I should?

No comments:

Post a Comment