Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Weekend Done

So the weekend more or less started with my train ride home from work with Jane. Besides the fake background we made up for a PDA-enriched pair of 20 year olds (he went off to college, she didn't get in at all), the conversation led to dating, as it often does. Like other people, she suggested I join a dating website. I've considered actually paying for my Nerve account, but I'm not so confident about the luck I'd have. The free account has yet to yield results.

Then I asked a question which I've asked others: Before I try talking to a girl, should I make sure there's eye contact first? I'm not sure what type of answer I'm looking for when I ask this question. Jane said I should look for the eye contact first, though. Then I got depressed. I've definitely tried to follow the "eye contact" rule, but the problem is that girls don't notice me. And I've been trying to notice if they have. They haven't. Girls I've wanted to talk to have walked right past me at bars/parties/carnivals/etc and never looked in my direction. So does that mean that if I were to approach one of these girls, would she automatically be uninterested? I feel like there's a good probability that she wouldn't be. Is this really the case, though? Is it true, and if so, is it worth looking for that 10% chance she's interested?

I'd like to say that If I could just get her to talk to me for 10 minutes or go on a date with her, she would see how charming I am, or whatever. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. I find myself to be somewhat boring, and any funny things I do say are usually self-deprecating. So I'm not so sure that would be the best tactic for me to show off how confident I am.

As for Jane, I still feel attracted to her, but she makes it pretty obvious that she isn't interested. Each weekend, we share our plans (hers are action-packed, mine are open), but she doesn't extend any invitations, as I no longer hint that I'm looking for them. As we separate from each other each Friday, she's the first to say "Have a nice weekend" as opposed to "I hope to see you" or the like. I'm then forced to say the same.

On Saturday, a friend from Milwaukee came to town for a visit and we just killed time. One of our stops was the clothing store with the female employee I've mentioned before. I guess I'll call her Rachel, though I don't know her name, but I hope I get to mention her some time in the future. Her coworker attends my gym, and he said he'd let me know if he's heard anything about her relationship status. I doubt he'll get back to me. Regardless, Rachel looked beautiful with her perfect teeth.

That night I went back to Milwaukee with my friend. Our time out was enjoyable, since I didn't feel any pressure about meeting girls. So, in short, we just got drunk.

So that was pretty much my weekend. There's a good chance yours was better, but you probably didn't have as good chicken wings that I did. I talked to the girl who works at the gym for a while today. She's a very pretty girl with great eyes, but the whole boyfriend thing is a problem. She asked if I wanted to do something on Saturday when I was out of town, but ended up staying in. I'm not sure where this boyfriend is, but I suspect he's long distance now. Too bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment