Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weekly Happenings & Bleach Quandaries



Am I the only person out there who doesn't own a single article of clothing that could be bleached? I find that I'd like to get all my whites gleaming, but each article of clothing has some minute color in it. For instance, a perfectly all white t shirt...except for the fact that there is a 1mm x 1mm red cross sewn into the back. Oh well.

Some parts of my job have been pretty good lately (though there are still a large number of menial tasks), so I've cut back on the job hunt. Hopefully I can keep getting difficult work.

Last night I got a random text from a girl (who I'll call Donna) I met on my commute to work a few months ago. It asked to meet for a drink after work today. I thought it was pretty strange because we went on a date together (at least I thought it was), and she wasn't the least bit interested. It wasn't until after we set a time that Donna mentioned that she's bringing her friend. Hopefully the friend will be as good looking as Donna.

A few days ago I sent an email to a girl on Nerve. I'm usually pretty doubtful about dating sites, but I figured I'd give the free trial a try. Her profile sounded like she was looking for some type of hipster, which I had to email that I was not A: hairy-chested or B: capable of growing a waxable mustache (both ideal characteristics of hers). She ended up having a funny/borderline dirty response, and asked about Facebook. So maybe we'll talk on that and see what happens.

As for Jane, I'm not becoming less attracted due to any feigned interest from Donna/interwebs, but I kind of have a problem with how she talks to me sometimes. I know it's not on purpose, because I've mentioned it, but she can sound condescending a lot of the time. Whereas I assume everyone's heard of every little stupid factoid that I know, she assumes I'm completely retarded. For instance, once she told me famous people (Kanye) can make the general public believe they caused the popularization of something (bringing in electronic/80s sounds). As someone who listens to a lot of music/knows worthless knowledge, I'd just like to say "I fucking know how it works."

For some reason, though, the attraction to Jane still lingers, and I find myself trying to be witty or impress her with more of that common knowledge. I should probably quit doing that.

1 comment:

  1. did i mention that i had a phat 'stache for about 4 days? i waxed it with hair product, it curled unto my cheek, and it was good. then, i felt silly and shaved it.

    ReplyDelete