Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Quick Question

I'm not sure if you girls are aware of this, but there are generally two theories about trying to talk to girls we're into but don't know:

1) These girls get hit on all the time so you have to not look like a big tool or say the same things she's probably heard.

2) Most guys are too afraid to talk to girls so anything genuine you say should get a better-than-expected response.

Which one is actually true? Also, do you good looking girls out there actually know how attractive you are? I tend to avoid giving looks-related compliments because I assume these girls are pretty aware of their looks and don't need me sucking up.

Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

  1. Hm..I agree that some girls have heard it all, so what you say better be original, genuine, etc.

    But I don't think girls believe guys are too afraid to talk to them. In some cases, maybe, but I'm much more intimidated by them than they are of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think regardless of what you say and whether or not the girl has heard it before, the bottom line is to simply be genuine. There's nothing worse than talking to someone who is clearly being insincere or fake. I know it probably gets old hearing this (and is easier said than done), but just be yourself. You don't want to start a potential relationship (whether it be simply a friendship or a romantic relationship) on false pretenses by pretending to be something or someone you're not. As a girl, I would definitely be way more impressed by a guy who is genuine than one who has obviously spent a lot of time trying to come up with the perfect line.

    As for complimenting a girl, I think regardless of whether or not the girl thinks she is attractive, comments about a girl's looks often come across as insincere, at least in the beginning. I mean, when you approach a stranger in this type of scenario it is assumed you are doing so because you find the girl attractive. Personally, I would like to know a guy is interested in me for more than just my looks - but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete