Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Maybe I should've still gone

Through my free Nerve account (which I do next to nothing with), a free preview of the new Woody Allen/Larry David movie was offered. As a fan of both of them, I wanted to see it, but didn't really want to go to a movie alone (though it wouldn't be the first time). I pretty much asked all of the friends I regularly talk to in Chicago and they all said no or bailed. So instead I just worked out and then talked to the receptionist with the new boyfriend.

Have you ever gone to a movie alone? Usually I don't want to do so, but it's not a big deal. Kinda awkward to ask the clerk for 1 ticket, but hey, they don't care. And their job is a movie theatre clerk. So you've got that on them.

4 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS go to movies alone! For some reason, I enjoy them more when I'm by myself. Usually, if I'm off for the day I'll try to catch the matinee during the week, or the one on the weekends... So, while you might think it's weird... I don't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a movie by myself, but it is one of the items on my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30 (along with eating at a restaurant by myself). I've missed out on seeing many a movie I've wanted to see in the theater because I haven't wanted to go alone. Next time, if it is a movie you really want to see, I say go for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been by myself. Thats sad isn't it? I always have films I want to watch but then noone wants to see them too so I just end up not going. I should go my myself next time but its such a mission to get to my nearest cinema its always easier if there are at least 2 of you going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to a movie by myself. I don't really mind it.

    P.S. 20SB meet-up tonight at Rebels in Wrigleyville. You should come.

    ReplyDelete