Monday, August 10, 2009

Desperate Times...

I wouldn't exactly say that these times are "desperate," but I feel like I should take some more action in my dating life (or lackthereof). A quick summary:

-Haven't been on a date since March
-Haven't asked anyone out since...yeah March
-Don't think bars are ideal for me to meet girls
-Still don't try in any other location
-Constantly see attractive girls on my train commute, but say nothing
-Have gotten better at keyboard (yay!)

So I assume you get the point by now. Logically, one would think that I'd suggest that I go out and meet a girl and ask her out. Well I'm still too afraid of rejection for that. Instead, I think I may try Crazy Blind Date. I saw this site a few months back, but I guess I wasn't feeling spontaneous. Basically, this website just sets you up on a date with a random person, and neither of you know anything. I have no idea what to expect except that I probably shouldn't get my hopes up that Natalie Portman or D are looking to change things up.

By doing this, hopefully I'll get some of the shyness/awkwardness out, but at least it'll be better blog fodder than my usual "what I did this weekend" (hint: probably got drunk and glanced at girls until I rode my bike home).

So I'm filling out this stuff right now. Basically, you pick your ideal time frame and neighborhood areas (at least 3). Next, you have to add some sort of tag line. So basically, this site says "Be Funny! Now!" in one sentence. I say "We'll do the opposite of bore eachother to death," but I'm typing with my fingers crossed.

Next, the site prefaces that the whole CBD theme is really low pressure, but still allows you to make height/ethnicity/body type/education restrictions, which is nice of them. In the spirit of the experiment. I'm leaving them all blank.

So now there's this type of sign-up that they make you do (makes sense. wouldn't want to lose track of the stalkers). You have to upload a photo that apparently is pixelated before your date and becomes visible thereafter. Also, there are some more "get to know you" questions asked.

And that's it for registration. it seems as though they want me to continue going on random dates, but we'll first have to be matched with the initial one. Now hopefully this won't end up with a flake-out like most of my others.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! Can't wait to read about the first one! (P.S. I totally feel like this is similar to when Ted did the thing with the computer matching. And then stalked. But in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete