Sunday, April 26, 2009

Still trying to find one





Last weekend I was back in Milwaukee visiting Bill. We were at the usual bar on Saturday night when I talked to a really good looking girl who plays club volleyball. At first I wasn't sure what she was like, but it turned out that she's also smart, which is a big plus for me. She told me that her team was having a drinking event in Chicago (where they play), and I should go. Moments later, this girl told me she need to check up on her friends who were literally right behind her. That was the end of our conversation that night. Needless to say, I was confused as to if she really wanted me to go.

So last night was the event she was talking about. I thought it would be a little bit more obvious to see if she was there, but I had to keep in mind that I kind of forgot what she looked like. I wasn't even sure if I was at the right bar. It wasn't until a friend asked a girl with a wristband if it was for volleyball that it all fell into place. Not only were we at the right event, but one of the girls in the group happened to be the same one I talked to! So we had some on and off conversation during the night. Most of the time when I saw her, a guy was hitting on her, so that was great for me. The fact that I didn't think she really wanted to see me got me kind of down again, but before leaving, I tried talking to her one more time to get her number.

I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not (probably not), but I thought that I should try to at least show some interest to see what she does. So I said something to the effect of "So I think you listen to some pretty good music, and you're kind of nerdy, which I think is hot, so would you want to meet up some time when you come back to Chicago?". She laughed at the line about nerdiness, which I guess could be good, and she seemed excited when she agreed to meet up. I'm sure it's still my low self-confidence, but I just don't really buy it. So we've switched numbers now, but I'm not sure what the next step would be. Since I'm the guy, should I contact her first? Or since she's the one who goes to Chicago, should I wait until she tells me when she'll be there? I'll have to think that one through.


Before you ask a girl for her number, do you have some type of "intro" like I use? What is it? Or do you just ask for the number and leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment