Monday, April 6, 2009

Almost a Pretty Good Birthday Weekend

So my birthday's now come and gone. I had somewhat high hopes for the weekend, and it all kind of fizzled out.

I actually did find the balls to invite Rachel from the Store to grab a drink. Like all girls I've asked on any kind of meetup, she gave a "yes" with a built-in loophole. This one was that she was working late at night the night before and had to get up early to work the following morning. Though she'd get off at 730, she may still be tired. Well, I called around 5:30 as I said, got the voicemail (I don't think I've ever spoken to the girl on the first call), and gave the general info. Now, the "I have a lot of work" excuse would be sufficient if Rachel actually did want to visit, but since she never showed up and hasn't called back in four days now, I'm guessing that's the last I'll hear from her. So now I'm most definitely down to zero girls I'm interested in.

I think it's pretty hard to meet girls while in my situation. All the girls in my neighborhood are too cool for me, while all the girls in Lincoln Park are too stupid for me (keep in mind, these are generalizations, but I don't talk to enough girls to find many exceptions). I still find it hard to believe that most guys get shot down all the time, and once they find a girl who likes them, they act like they're batting 1.000.

As of a few weeks ago, I was under the impression that my friend from Milwaukee was going to drive to Chicago for my birthday weekend. Apparently he didn't get the memo. He didn't realize he missed my birthday until three days after, so apparently there was no thought to driving down. The friends I had in town were more than sufficient, though. Only about four of them knew/cared that we were also celebrating my birthday and not just Jane's job-switching drinkfest.

Well at least it's a short week and on Friday I'm going to see Crystal Castles.

So I guess I'll start finishing these posts like Ryan Dodge of the Single-ish Glamour Blog (which is a pretty good one to read. He pretty much asks all the questions regular guys have) by asking a question or comment. This one is from earlier in the post:

When you casually ask a girl out (either alone or in a group) for the first time, how often do they give those "loophole yes's"?

PS That location traffic banner pretty much makes it look like the same 5 or so people are checking this out. I'd appreciate comments on these because I obviously don't know what the hell I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment