Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Daily Hour of Happiness

I can never really tell how I'm going to feel throughout the day, but I know that once I go to the gym, I feel a little better. I know, that's probably the biggest douchebag thing someone could say, but for me it's true. When I'm there, I can just focus on bettering myself. I like that I know it's working, too. I don't really get that feeling in anything else I do lately. At work it's just "more work;" With girls I'm always analyzing what I might have done wrong, so there's no constructive aspect to it.

When I work out, there's pretty much a formula I follow. Follow it, and you improve. You can even screw up a lot of it, but still get better. I wish more things in life were this way.

I guess the one downside to being at the gym a lot is I have to see the one girl I asked on a date out of the blue. She was friendly enough to say she had a boyfriend, but I haven't heard her say a word since.

A friend told me that I should try to meet girls in situations that would produce more girls I'd be interested in. Since only high schoolers go to math competitions, the gym is all I've got. The main problem with that is that you can't just walk around and ask every girl you find attractive on a date because

1: That would be a lot of girls. My gym seems pretty stacked
2: I'm sure you'd quickly become the gym sleazeball talking to all the girls.

So yet again, I've kind of called off asking any girls from the gym on dates. After recently completely reading a desk employee's friendliness wrong, that's pretty much shut me off to any employee also. I have to keep remembering that they're paid to be nice to me, but I always figure that there's no other chance for me to see them.

But as the day gets bad, at least I know I'll feel better for at least an hour that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment