Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The First of Many?

So this is it...blog...Who takes a compound word and then shortens it so it starts with the last letter of the first word? You don't turn homework into "ework." But I guess no one calls it h-work either.

As for the name, I should let you know that it has nothing to do with Frank Lloyd Wright, but more to do with the illest rapper ever, the Notorious BIG. Sidenote: I heard there were multiple stabbings at the Notorious afterparty. looks like 1995 is back.

But let's see...There's Christopher Walken in King of New York as Frank White:



There's Biggie, the Black Frank White:


And myself, the new, less gangster Yellow Frank White:

Not as threatening

I guess the main reasons to follow this blog would be to see how my dating life is going (currently non-existent) as well as any other randomness.

My friend from work, who I'll call Jane, also has a blog and mentioned that they can be good to have. Since I have a mild crush on Jane, here I am. I said that my blog would be mostly complaining and talking about my boring nightlife, but she responded that that's what they all are. So here goes...

I've decided not to tell any of my friends what my blog is so I can write whatever I want.

Currently I have a yuppie job at a company that's tanking (but who doesn't?). Even though my strong work ethic (because of that asian upbringing) led me to believe that my job would be good and I could enjoy it, it sucks. I look at the the three jobs above mine, and they all suck too. It's all easy work that isn't stimulating. And what isn't easy is damn near impossible. So there's that whole job market thing I have to start with again. I'm armed with my one full year of experience and that's it.

As for the dating life, there's definitely room for improvement. My levels of cynicism seem unmatched (though they're probably no worse than others'): I'm boring when I talk to girls, nervous, *cough*virgin*cough* (now I really hope none of my friends see this), and I don't think I've been on a date since...2006.
But what do you say? Keep asking? Keep trying? That's the tough part. Having confidence in dating after being shut down numerous times is like A-Rod turning into Mr. October, pretty hard/unlikely. I wanted my New Year's Resolution to be to talk to a girl every week (usually weekends). So far I haven't talked to anyone. Damn that low self-esteem. I don't know about any of the male readers, but as a competitive person, I always think there's probably someone smarter/better looking/savvier than myself. I guess I have my work cut out for me.

And as for Jane from work, she's smart, pretty, and has a lot of similar interests. Except for the mutual interest. Am I the only one who knows girls who often say that it should be easy for a person like myself (and yourself) to get a date, but would never do it themselves?

Well, hopefully the coming days and weekend will be better. But I need to figure out how to enjoy my time without drinking. I decided to quit today because it wasn't so good for the depression part.

YFW

1 comment:

  1. I happened upon your blog through So@24. I hope you find blogging to be beneficial. I have been blogging for quite some time (I have not always been on Blogger though), and in the past when I have truly allowed myself to express my thoughts and feelings, I have found that it does indeed help. Unfortunately, lately I have found myself holding everything inside, and I have noticed a sharp decline in my attitude/mood.

    Welcome to Blogger! :-)

    ReplyDelete