Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ebay: You're Too Lazy

Since my roommate has a record player, I thought that it'd be fun to get one myself. Then I can live out my lifelong dream of DJing 2 person parties at home. So i hopped on Ebay, hoping I could find a cheap Technics. I saw a model that I was unfamiliar with, but it was listed at about $30 with 15 minutes to go. Sweet! So I bid on that bitch hoping to get a steal.

Out of nowhere, someone else started bidding too. I was determined to get it at a good price, so I ended up paying $50, which wasn't too bad. After a week, it just came this evening. I turned it on to find that not only was the audio messed up, but it wasn't direct drive as advertised. Super lame. So now I've got to mess with Ebay and ship it back so I can find the right record player.

The moral of the story: Even if you get screwed, it's kind of your fault for looking for such ridiculous deals.

This isn't to say that I won't continue to purchase from such an amazing site...

1 comment:

  1. I like your posts. I'd like you to blog more often. PPP please???

    I have heard so many bad experiences from e-bay. I bought a magazine off e-bay once. It was the nude centerfold of bert reynolds. RAUR

    ReplyDelete