Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Job

Wow, I've got to start posting again. For both myself and you 5 to 7 people out there. Haha.


I've been lightly looking for a job since early November, but hadn't had much luck with Monster.com. It's a good site, but there are just a ton of people looking (as if you needed anyone to tell you that). In mid December I got a call about a company in the suburbs, so I went to interview. Within a week, I had an offer. It should be a good opportunity, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Coffee with Kayla went generally well, but I didn't really feel like our personalities matched. We've randomly chatted since then, but I'd be happier just being friends with her.

Instead, I've been seeing a lot more of Mary from Match. We have a similar sense of humor, and so far it's working out pretty well.

My match.com subscription is now over, so I figure I'll give a short review.
-If you're in match (or another dating site), it's a safe assumption you're not going on a ton of dates. So in this case (either if you're a guy or girl), just try to go on a bunch of them.
-Don't expect every person you email to email you back. Maybe about 10 to 20% will, in which case, you (again, guy or girl) should ask them out. It's online dating. No one cares about gender roles.
-The numbers are much more slanted toward females, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
-I think you get more comfortable "in real life" around people you're interested in.

So if you followed my other posts about match, I guess I kind of take them back. I think I went on about 6 or 7 dates over those 3 months. So for $60, it was worth it. Would I do it again? I don't think so.

It's 2010! Do you do resolutions (or keep them)? What did you do for New Years Eve? I went to Girl Talk and it was wild.

3 comments:

  1. You went to see girl talk? So jealous, I love him. I went to a sort of low key house party, but I partied the next two days pretty hard, so I made up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a subscriber of yours for a while now via google reader, but just realized I hadn't "Followed" you officially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been subscribed to match.com for about a month now, and I have only been on one date so far. I think you get out of it what you put into it, and I honestly haven't put that much into it. It's not that I'm adverse to meeting someone online, I'm just not sure how I feel about having to pay to meet that person. Least to say, I will be cancelling my subscription.

    For New Year's I went to a house party. I was invited by an acquaintance from college who I hadn't seen in about six years, so he was the only person I knew there. It was a big stretch for me since I am extremely shy, but I survived. :-D It was fun, although the evening didn't turn out the way I was hoping.

    ReplyDelete